At DYO+, we envisioned just that. My Skin Glow was our first product, a daily drink that supports beauty from within.
This wonderful elixir is a one-two punch! As it stimulates your body's own collagen production, hyaluronic acid enhances the moisture in your skin cells, tightening your connective tissue. Drink one bottle each day and watch as your nails, hair, and cellulite all transform
Curious? Keep an eye out as we’ll be launching My Skin Glow publicly soon. In the meantime…
Let’s talk about ways you can rejuvenate your appearance naturally at home. Have you ever tried a home-made face mask?
Aloe Vera – a queen among plants
This miracle plant has made its presence known among healers and beauty seekers since ancient times. Today you will find it reveling on the ingredient lists of many cosmetic products as it’s known to improve skin regeneration and slow wrinkles.
While you’re at home, find out how well Aloe Vera works for your skin.
- Cut off a leaf of a fresh Aloe Vera plant.
- Apply the inner plant gel to your face and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
And? Has this natural wonder weapon worked well for you?
Carrots stimulate collagen production
What’s up, doc? The beta carotenoid in carrots moves fast, quickly converting into vitamin A, an incredible nutrient that supports your body’s collagen production.
Have it freshly juiced if you can and mix in some other wonderful healthy immune boosting produce like fresh apple ginger for a healthy inner boost.
Good on the inside, but carrots can also make for an amazing a fresh face mask!
- First, boil them until soft and mash them.
- Mix in some honey and a bit of coconut oil to make your mixture a paste. Coconut oil is another helpful skin substance containing loads of antioxidants!
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
Bugs bunny was really on to something, don’t you think?
An Anti-wrinkle Attack mask
Natural, simple and effective. All you’ll need are a few kitchen ingredients.
- First, cleanse your face with your favorite cleanser.
- Next, mix together 2 tablespoons of almond oil and one tablespoon of honey.
- Gently brush your face, neck and chest with the mixture. If you have any extra, let your hands soak it all up.
- After 20 minutes, gently rinse with lukewarm water.
Try it for a few days and you’ll see your skin feeling firmer and looking younger.
Let us know if any or all of these tips work for you. We’d love to see you giving them a try! Give us a follow and tag us on Instagram @dyoplus. We can’t wait to see you in all your natural glory!
Some bonus tips in the battle against wrinkles:
- Stress! We all know that chronic stress accelerates cell aging, so give yourself a break and unwind any way that suits you.
- Sleep. Sufficient sleep is your body’s natural method of healing itself
- Hydration is key. We’re made of mostly water and we need to top up. Try to drink at least 2 liters of still water per day as a good overall benchmark.
- Ah, the sun. A little is great for vitamin D, but too much and you’ll start to feel a bit like leather.
- Good ol’ vitamin C. It isn’t just for colds. It’s for every day, promoting the formation of collagen and protecting against free radicals. Add some vitamin C rich foods into your daily diet like: kale, grapefruit, barley grass, blueberries, goji berries, broccoli, oranges, and pineapple!
- Omega 3 fatty acids are another great helper to inner and outer health. Try incorporating chia seeds, flaxseed, walnuts, or cold-water fish like salmon, mackerel, and tuna into your diet. They help against dry skin and support a youthful appearance.
- Exercise. Get your heart pumping and your sweat glands going to promote healthy pores. Go for regular walks, jog, practice yoga, cycle... whatever gets you moving and hopefully out into the fresh air.